Sunday, September 07, 2008

I feel good about life(la vie en rose)

Hold me close and hold me fast
The magic spell you cast
This is la vie en rose.......

Recently I saw the movie WALL-E and no doubt that it was one of the finest I have seen.I liked the sweet and beautiful love story of WALL-E and EVE.

And indeed one of the finest sequence was the dance in the space by WALL-E and EVE. The captain of the ship asks the robot to define dancing and there we see WALL-E and EVE dancing rhythmically.

Getting back to the point....

Well I am not an exponent of Jazz music but I heard the voice of Louis Armstrong in the movie singing "la vie en rose". This is a french sentence and exact translation in english is "I see life in pink". Well it literally means, This is life.

The song is played when WALL-E is following EVE on her mission.There is an inherent beauty about this song and the way the trumpet is played.Especially when you are listening the same in complete silence and you are transported to a different world. Planning to listen to some more of louis armstrong and the some more of classic Jazz.

Some more research has yielded that this song was orignially sung by french singer Edit Piaf and there is also an oscar winning movie on her life titled la vie en rose (next in line to be watched).

When you kiss me heaven sighs
And tho I close my eyes
I see la vie en rose.........

No comments: