Friday, June 06, 2008

A funny incident or not

I was hungry after the whole process of managing to reach my hotel.Was thinking of having some snacks.Nothin better than French fries.But how to ask them as nobody knows english. Somehow in one shop I saw a picture and pointed towards it.The shop owner gave a nod and said some strange name.I am not even sure what is language spoken here.

Bye the way to the so called funny part.I was dressed up like a tourist with a backpack, camera hanging from my neck and map in other hand. The curious shop owner asked me from where was I? I told him from India.Ok everything's fine that he knows India atleast.Then what's my purpose.(well the whole discussion happened in sign languages and a bit of broken english here and there which is difcult to write over here :D ).I said "On my company visit".Now that was really difficult to explain via sign langguage.So here comes the magic.He was billing on his computer and I said "Software". There was a smile on his face."Oh Software".Kool , I was successful in making him understand my purpose or really. Still the funny part has not come.SO there he says "You are lucky".Now what does he mean."In India people are hungry and you have the pleasure to eat so many things".

Now that is India my friends.A land of snake charmers,Naked kids running on the streets,saints,hungry people.What to say, I could not explain him better via either broken english or sign languages. I simply said "you are right" by giving thumbs up.

No comments: